|Occupation||journalist and radio host|
Lauren Bastide is a French journalist and radio host.
After obtaining her baccalaureate in 1997, Lauren Bastide studied for a year a preparatory class hypokhâgne. In 2002, she obtained a degree in International Relations from the Institute of Political Studies in Strasbourg. After having worked at the Courrier International, Reuters and Le Monde, she graduated from the Journalists Training Center (CFJ) in 2005.
For ten years, Lauren Bastide worked in the editorial staff of the women's weekly Elle, as a freelance journalist and reporter before becoming editor-in-chief of the news pages. In April 2012, she founded with Sophie Fontanel, the DailyElle, the online version of the magazine of which she became the assistant editor-in-chief.
In 2016, she founded with Julien Neuville, Nouvelles Écoutes, a production studio dedicated to sound creation. Two podcasts came online on December 1 with French director and screenwriter Rebecca Zlotowski as guest star. For this program named La Poudre, Lauren Bastide welcomes women artists, intellectuals or politicians to talk about their childhood, their career, their creation and feminism
In the aftermath of the inauguration of Donald Trump, she appeared in the documentary La Marche, on January 21, 2017, the day of the Women's March having mobilized nearly half a million people in the streets of Washington.
Since 1 July 2017, Lauren Bastide hosts the weekly show Les Savantes on France Inter, an hour devoted to a university woman and her area of interest. She is also spokesperson for the collective Let's Take A, fighting for a better representation of women in different media. She is an activist against gender inequalities, most of her work is anchored in the fight against stereotypes, the study of intersectional feminism and the place of women in history.
- À Paris, Jeanne Damas, Lauren Bastide, Grasset, Collection : Documents Français, 228p, 2017, ISBN 2246862930
- "Le Grand Journal : Qui est Lauren Bastide, la nouvelle chroniqueuse de Maïtena Biraben?" [Le Grand Journal: Who is Lauren Bastide, the new columnist of Maïtena Biraben?] (in French). 7 September 2015. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Les partenaires w: une confiance durable" (in French). Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "L'activité de Lauren Bastide - Rédacteur en chef - Elle" [The activity of Lauren Bastide - Editor-in-Chief - Elle]. Elle (in French). Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Sophie Fontanel et Lauren Bastide parlent du dailyELLE - Elle" [Sophie Fontanel and Lauren Bastide talk about the dailyELLE]. Elle (in French). 23 July 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Lauren Bastide in Sonia Rykiel for LURVE magazine". Hellocoton.fr (in French). 5 December 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Pourquoi le corps de la femme est-il toujours tabou?" [Why is the woman's body still a taboo?] (in French). 3 October 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "En 2015, la journaliste rejoignait le plateau du Grand Journal version Maïtena Biraben. Pendant une saison tumultueuse, elle a "tenu bon". Aujourd'hui, elle raconte" [In 2015, the journalist joined the Grand Journal tray version Maïtena Biraben. During a tumultuous season, she "held on". Today, she tells.] (in French). 1 November 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Lauren Bastide, ex-chroniqueuse du "Grand Journal", se lance dans les podcasts feminists" [Lauren Bastide, former columnist for the "Grand Journal", launches feminist podcasts]. HuffPost (in French). 1 December 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Lauren Bastide: "Il faut lire pour comprendre ce qu'est le féminisme"" [Lauren Bastide: "You have to read to understand what feminism is"]. L'Express. 19 March 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Le jour où j'ai marché pour le droit des femmes à Washington" [The day I walked for women's rights in Washington]. HuffPost (in French). 8 March 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Femmes à la une" [Women in the news]. Libération (in French). 2 March 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2018.